Organization & Culture
The organization is a function of people and culture where both reinforce each other.
- The same people will behave differently in a different culture.
- Different people create a different culture even if you keep all organizational structures constant.
- Beyond its organizational structure, processes and systems, a company is simply a collection of people coming together with a shared understanding of what they want to achieve collectively.
When we think we talk about work culture, we often actually talk about work climate:
- Climate is the feeling you have when you’re at work driven by mostly superficial things. It emerges from one-time initiatives, perks and happenings.
- Culture is the collection of forces that shape change, progress and decay. It emerges especially from continuous leadership behavior, starting at the top.